Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Positive Outlook for Hiring in Q2 2010
1. Employers are looking to hire for temporary positions. The survey showed that 25% of employers forecast hiring temporary workers during Q2 of 2010 to aid in filling productivity gaps.
2. About 25% of employers anticipate hiring interns in Q2. Hiring interns is a great way to add resources to the firm without having too much of a cost burden.
3. Social Media has gained quite a presence lately in the work place. About 1 in 10 surveyed employers expect to hire someone in Q2 who will be responsible for leading social media initiatives.
4. Diversifying employees has become more evident in the work force and remains important in hiring during the second quarter. About one-third of employers have plans to hire candidates that speak more than one language.
5. 28% of employers anticipate hiring greater performing employees to take the place of employees that have not been performing well at the company.
6. Due to the apprehension that top performing employees may begin looking elsewhere as market conditions start to improve, employers are trying to increase incentives for their employees to keep them around! These incentives may consist of flexible schedules, increased training, future raises or promotions, bonuses and performance based trips and even a higher job title without the increase in salary. Take note that there are incentives which are considered budget-friendly.
Source: Job Market Showing Gradual Improvement, According to Quarterly Job Forecast From CareerBuilder and USA TODAY
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) is the nation’s largest, privately-held accounting and financial staffing firm. We provide qualified accounting and finance professionals on a temporary and permanent basis across a broad range of industries.
Visit our website: http://www.cfstaffing.com/