Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) is the nation’s largest, privately-held accounting and financial staffing firm. We provide qualified accounting and finance professionals on a temporary and permanent basis across a broad range of industries.
Visit our website: http://www.cfstaffing.com/
Monday, November 24, 2014
Thursday, November 20, 2014
1. You have too many of them.
2. You don't have a facilitator.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
As a business owner, you may already know the benefits of Tax Code Section 179 expensing and bonus depreciation, which allows you to deduct the cost of certain types of property on your income tax return as an expense. Uncertainty over the ultimate fate of enhanced Code Sec. 179 expensing and bonus depreciation affects 2014 year-end planning, particularly as business owners contemplate purchases of equipment and supplies.
Monday, November 17, 2014
1. Resilience is critical to success in leadership.
To read full article, click here.
Source: John Brandon, Inc. (www.businessinsider.com)
Friday, November 14, 2014
- The medical expense deduction threshold rose from 7.5 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI) to 10 percent. That's not applicable if the taxpayer or spouse is 65. The age-based waiver expires in 2016. What that has meant for your clients with AGIs of $100,000 and $10,500 in medical expenses is that they could have claimed a $3,000 deduction in 2012, but only $500 last year. The increased threshold doesn't apply if either the taxpayer or spouse turns 65 before the end of years 2013 to 2016. The exemption is rescinded in 2017. For purposes of the Alternative Minimum Tax, medical expenses are deductible only if costs exceed 10 percent of AGI. The healthcare act doesn't change treatment of the alternative minimum tax (AMT).....
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
- Get yourself in a positive frame of mind. Things will be as bad as you may think they are if you are not in a positive frame of mind. You will convey whatever your state of mind is, so work on yourself first.
- On a slow day, make a list of people—clients, prospects, referral sources—and start calling as many as you can. Do this even if it's around holiday time. Other people may be facing slow times too and have time to talk. Get together in person if possible. Convey an upbeat impression and the sense that business is good. Inquire about their business and needs. See if there is a way you can help (billable or not). Give some examples of what you have done for others. Say you always appreciate referrals or introductions....