- Use professional emails that resemble YourName@email.com. Emails like Bunnie_Boo@email.com and QT_Princezz@email.com do not fall under this category.
- Do not write in all caps or alternating caps. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE YELLING aNd It’S HaRd To ReAd.
- Do not use shorthand, such as plz or thanx.
- Semi-colons should only be used as a punctuation, not in a winking smiley.
- Include your name and phone number in the email.
- If you email someone, there is a high chance that the recipient will reply so please check your email at least once a day.
- Reply to your emails.
- Do not name your resume attachment “resume.doc.” Your recruiter probably has 10 other files with the same name in his/her inbox already.
- Save your resume in MS Word unless otherwise requested.
- If you need to get in contact with someone ASAP or if your message is urgent, pick up the phone and call.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Job Search Email Etiquette
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) is the nation’s largest, privately-held accounting and financial staffing firm. We provide qualified accounting and finance professionals on a temporary and permanent basis across a broad range of industries.
Visit our website: http://www.cfstaffing.com/