1. You Keep Your Search Between You and Your Laptop
2. You Only Apply Through Traditional Means
3. You’re Only Going After Big Companies
4. You (Always) Communicate Assertively
5. You Doubt Yourself
6. You Don’t Play to Your Strengths
Are you a status quo job seeker—someone who’s afraid to be bold? The time may have come for you to create a plan that fits you. Be creative. Generate big breaks for yourself by going against the norm and trying what has not been done before. And above all, sidestep these common mistakes, which are only getting in your way.
Read the original article published on The Muse.