Friday, July 1, 2016

Monday: It’s a mindset



It’s Sunday evening and nothing can prevent the inevitable- tomorrow marks the beginning of another workweek. We are all too familiar with what comes next; it’s as if panic ensues at the mere thought of another Monday. Why is that? How can one day have such a negative effect on us?

As you consider everything you hate about Mondays, have you ever thought that you could be the problem? Mondays should resemble a fresh start, but that’s only possible if you have the right mindset. We spoke to some of our expert recruiters about how they tackle the Monday blues:

Executive Recruiter - Houston
Some people say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Similarly, I believe that Monday is the most important day of the week. Some tips that will help get you into a positive mindset are:
  • Wake up early and have a healthy breakfast (most important meal on the most important day!).
  • Listen to a song that gets you pumped up and excited for the day.
  • Get to work early with plenty of time to organize and plan for the week.
  • SMILE! It helps create a positive working environment.
Branch Manager - San Antonio
There is no perfect way to approach a Monday, but I have a few basic routines that work for me. One thing I like to do is keep a list of 2-3 success stories from the previous week. Whether it was landing a new deal or mastering a new skill, I re-read them on Sunday night before I go to bed. I look the list over again when I wake up on Monday and doing so gets me excited and focused on my sales/management plan for the week ahead. 
Another thing I like to do is work out on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and go to bed early on Sunday. After a few consecutive workouts, I am left feeling more energetic and ready to tackle any task that comes my way. Plus, a good night of rest is the perfect thing to start your week off the right way. 
Lastly, I watch funny or inspirational things while I drink my morning coffee. It’s also good to have a motivational playlist with various songs and podcasts for your daily commute. Motivation Monday really makes a difference!

Executive Recruiter - Pittsburgh
I think hitting the ground running on Monday morning is crucial. My usual plan is to come into the office on Monday ready to rock and roll, which is why I tackle my toughest calls first. Not only do I feel accomplished afterwards but doing so sets a great tone to the week. If you have a solid and productive Monday then the rest of your week will follow.


The Monday phenomenon should not be associated with dread or panic, but instead with excitement and positivity. Use these tips to establish a positive outlook when Monday rolls around. The workweek will not only start off on a happier note but you will no longer experience a “case of the Mondays”.

How do you overcome the Monday blues? We'd love to hear your tips in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) is the nation’s largest, privately-held accounting and financial staffing firm. We provide qualified accounting and finance professionals on a temporary and permanent basis across a broad range of industries.

Visit our website: http://www.cfstaffing.com/

Click here to locate and contact a CFS office near you