- Personally acknowledge your employees for their efforts and achievements. This is important but often overlooked, so let them know that their contributions matter.
- Ensure that workload is allocated evenly. It is frustrating for an employee to see his co-worker surfing the web while he is working on three projects simultaneously.
- Check for duplicate, inefficient, or conflicting processes within your organization that may cause undue stress.
- Ask your employees for suggestions and listen. Not only will you empower them, you will also get ideas from people who really know your company well.
- Add a little bit of fun and humor by putting up a “Humor Board” where employees can post funny pictures or stories – anything that would generate a laugh when people are still in the office at 9pm.
- Make sure your employees are taking their allotted vacation days. Time away from the office help workers to distress and regenerate.
- Bring in temporary help to ease the workload on current staffs.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Motivating overworked employees
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) is the nation’s largest, privately-held accounting and financial staffing firm. We provide qualified accounting and finance professionals on a temporary and permanent basis across a broad range of industries.
Visit our website: http://www.cfstaffing.com/