Consider these steps to get yourself back up ASAP:
- Do not sign any termination package without reviewing it first.
- Collect everything you’re entitled to: unemployment, severance, health insurance coverage, etc.
- Re-budget your living expenses.
- Tap into your network for your next job search.
- Consider taking a part-time job, internship, freelance work, consulting, or even volunteer work.
Laid Off: How to make losing a your job a winning venture
Next steps after a layoff
You’re fired- Now what?